Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Space Needle

We hadn't planned on going up the Space Needle but once we got there, I really wanted to go. I didn't want to have any regrets and who knows when I'll ever go to Seattle again-so I talked Justin in to it. Thanks Justin!! While I stood in line Justin played some games and won these two stuffed animals for Molly. I thought they were hideous looking but Molly seems to like them.It was a 43 second elevator ride to the top. The outside door to the elevator is glass so you can watch as you ascend and descend. I actually thought I'd be a little more scared but I wasn't although I didn't like how the guide leaned against the doors of the elevator. I felt much safer in the back of the elevator.

Justin has a small fear of heights but claimed it wasn't bad because there were big railings that made it pretty much impossible to fall out.Here is a view of Seattle and the Puget Sound.While we were at the top, the Blue Angels flew over. I didn't know who they were before that day but now I know they are airplanes that fly in cool formations and do cool tricks in the sky. So that was pretty cool although they were extremely noisy!

I was glad that we went. I don't know how high up it was but here's a picture just so you can get an idea...

1 comment:

rupee40 said...

Hey Meg, Im glad I happened to click on the Seattle picture so I could see some more of your trip. Looks like you had a blast! Those gardens look beautiful! Im glad you decided to go up the Space Needle, good job Justin.