Thursday, August 21, 2008

Road Trippin'

The drive to Seattle took us about 12 hours. We were so excited to be going somewhere so the ride didn't seem that long. On our way we passed through 3 states: IdahoOregonand Washington.The ride home was a little longer since we were a little further west. This ride did go on forever! We had had lots of fun but we were ready to be home and with our sweet Molly. It also seemed longer because of the time difference (Seattle is an hour behind).

The scenery was so pretty once we got pass the desert. Everywhere we'd look we would see green. I took a couple of pictures on our way back from Canada. The sunset was so pretty, I made Justin pull over so I could take a picture. This picture doesn't really capture it.I loved it when we would go over bridges. This is the best picture I could take in a moving car.We were excited to see gas this cheap in Tacoma. This was back when gas was much more than it is right now.
I almost made Justin go west so I could see Forks. Do you think I would have run into any vampires?It was fun to go on a road trip with Justin. We listened to a couple of books on tape and many hours listening to Justin's IPOD. Funny, we never listened to mine. I wonder how that happened! One last picture of Justin being silly, trying to make the time go faster.We were so happy to finally make it home. I had to constrain myself not to run in the house looking for Molly, but to wait for Justin and calmly walk in the house. When Molly saw us, she dropped what she was doing and yelled, "Daddy, daddy, daddy" over and over while running to Justin. It was so cute, I was trying hard not to cry. She gave daddy a hug and then immediately said, "I want my mommy" and lunged for me. It was great to be back!

1 comment:

The Mumfords said...

I bet it was awesome in Oregon and Washington! We hope to get up there sometime in our lives. It looks like you had lots of fun. We're glad you didn't get all your blood sucked out by any vampires.